"We'll come up with a plan before the day is over [for] what direction we're going to go," Trembley said before Sunday's game. "Whether it's going to be a few days with Brian, or whether it's going to be the disabled list."
Trembley said Roberts is scheduled to get checked by a doctor Sunday, and the team is going to make a decision after that. After Sunday's game, Trembley said the club would make a decision on Monday.
"I'd prefer to have guys available to play," Trembley said. "It's a little tough when you're playing all these games in a row, and you got your best guy, leadoff guy, that can't play. If [the doctor] says seven or eight days, then I think you've got to do something else."