• The Orioles announced Friday that they have agreed to terms with 17 players on one-year contracts, completing agreements with all players on the 40-man roster.
• Third baseman Manny Machado got a full workout in at the team's complex after leaving Thursday's game early to get a root canal.
• Some members of the organization were surprised right-handed reliever Pedro Strop was used for multiple innings for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Clasic on Thursday night.
• Manager Buck Showalter got his first glimpse of Cuban outfielder Henry Urrutia in the batting cages at the Minor League facility on Friday morning, and he was impressed with his swing, noting his solid wrist action.
• Tsuyoshi Wada (Tommy John surgery) threw a bullpen session Friday, and he will go back-to-back for the first time in his rehab on Saturday. Wada isn't throwing full bore, but he is working on getting his mechanics back to where they need to be.
Brittany Ghiroli is a reporter for MLB.com. Read her blog, Britt's Bird Watch, and follow her on Twitter @britt_ghiroli. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.Less